A lot of us just wait for brands to contact us, when in fact we could be reaching out to brands, stores and boutiques to collaborate with them in a variety of sponsored post content.
However, there’s a few things to remember when sending the perfect pitching email, including picking brands that suit your blog, feel and style and make sure you already have an idea of how you two can work together in mind.
Some key things to remember are:
- THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Send pitches to companies with products that would actually work well with the theme of your blog
- When emailing prospective brands, always start with your name and the name of your blog, make sure you hyperlink so they have quick access to check out your blog!
- After your introduction, compliment their business/product and explain why you think they would be a good fit.
- Include a few compliments about the business and why their products or services would make a good fit for your blog.
- Have an idea – whether it’s a sponsored post, ad, vblog, outfit post, be upfront about the type of content you think could work.
- Include a few statistics (like monthly page views, unique visitors or social media followers)
- Mention any businesses or companies that you have previously worked with in the past (nothing like blowing your own trumpet!)
- Add a link to the bottom of your message with an example of the sponsored post
- End the email with your name, content, blog url and social media links – this makes it super easy for them to quickly check your blog out!
- Be friendly. Even if they say no, the rule in blogging and in business is to never burn any bridges. Say thanks for their time or ask about their day at the start of the email.
Do you have any amazing top tips on how you pitch to bloggers? Let me know in the comments below!